Getting back to real life



I've got to start doing this more than once a year. 

We spend a lot of time alone. After a while you forget what's going on in that world out there.  Yes, we get out everyday, dine out once a week, and occasionally meet friends on the road. 

What I really mean by alone, is we are very out of touch with people who work and struggle with their lives. I would imagine that is nearly everyone. It's easy to forget what Sunday night really means to many people. Thoughts start running to all the things you have to do to prepare for the work/school week. Everyone has schedules, and commitments that makes you go on auto pilot and stop experiencing life.

Except for the last 4 years, the only time I was actually enjoying my self 7 days week was at the Coffeehouse we had. 

Before that, I never really felt my life belonged to me. I had schedules, commitments, pressure, and worries. I think that's why I really can't blame anyone for seemingly thoughtless, selfish actions.
No one knows exactly what others are feeling, or what their problems are. Ten people can be faced with the same problem and they will handle it in different ways. 

No one wakes up in the morning and plans to be the world's biggest Asshole. They don't plan to yell at others or think bad thoughts. They don't plan to react negatively, or loose their temper. In fact, most people want to do better, and say to themselves, I'm going to do better today. So many people instantly regret things they have done and truly want to do better.

The next time someone cuts you off in traffic, or does things you don't agree with, don't lash out either verbally or silently. It won't change anything, and makes someone else's problem your problem.
40 years ago I discovered that EVERYONE IS DOING THE BEST THAT THEY CAN.

Just because they like things you don't, dress the way you don't approve of, vote or support someone you don't, drive in a manner you don't like, eat bad foods, or generally do things that irritate you, they are just doing the best they can.  I always assume that if they could do better they would. I think everyone has good intentions, their life just gets in the way.

Wow, I sure can ramble on about things, I've got to stop doing that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In Rehab

The big Blogger problem

Life is always beautiful, even when it's not.